Sell with Confidence
Read More

Renting Reference Guide

At Ray White Picton we have a proven record of success and manage an impressive, ever-growing portfolio of properties. Below we have simplified the process of renting. This is your go-to reference guide for renting your property through Ray White Picton from start to finish.

How to Secure Your Tenancy
By this stage each person that wants to reside at the property would have filled out an Application Form.
If your application is approved for the property you will need to pay a holding deposit within 24 hours. Please note that this must be paid in cleared funds (ie. bank cheque, bpay or money order). The holding deposit required is equivalent to 1 weeks rent. Should the applicant withdraw from the property the holding deposit will be forfeited.

It’s All Yours
Once you are approved we will make an appointment with you to sign your tenancy agreement. Prior to moving in you will be required to pay a full bond, this is equivalent to 4 weeks rent. Unfortunately, no bond transfers are accepted by our office, payment of bond must be in cleared funds.

Electricity, Gas and Telephone
It is your responsibility to have all services at the property placed in your name.
Contact numbers for these services are:

  • Origin Energy– 132 461
  • Energy Australia– 131 502
  • AGL Energy– 131 245
  • Telstra–  132 200
  • Optus– 133 345

The water is connected when you move in. You will be invoiced for the water usage quarterly by our office.

You will need to have your mail re-directed from previous address. You can make enquires with Australia Post to have this done. Please make sure that you also have your mail re-directed when you vacate also.

Government Departments
You will need to notify Government Departments of your new address ie: RTA, Centrelink, Banks, Schools and Electoral Commission.

Rubbish Day
You can contact Wollondilly Council to find out what day is rubbish bin collection: Ph: 4677 1100

Contents Insurance
It is your responsibility to arrange for your contents insurance at the new property. Contents insurance is a vital part of renting a property as it ensures you are covered in the event of an emergency or break in. Please see the beside form for all you need to know on Ray White Contents Insurance.

Entry Condition Report 
This is a binding document outlining the condition of your property and is very important form when you are moving into a rental property. It must be filled out by both the tenant and Property Manager to ensure both parties agree to the condition of the property. We supply you with the Ingoing Condition Report when you pick up your keys at the start of your tenancy. This includes our comments, you then have 7  days to return the completed condition report with any further comments. When you give notice to vacate the property the Property Manager will provide you a copy of the Ingoing Condition Report and photos to assist you with vacating and in preparation for your Outgoing Condition Report.  Once you have vacated the property the Property Manager will conduct the Outgoing Condition Report and compare it to the Ingoing Condition Report

We keep a spare set of keys in the office. Should you have lose your keys or have locked yourself out you may collect our set during office hours. After hours our recommended locksmith can be contacted at your expense.

Only the people originally included on your application and approved by the owner are allowed to reside at the property permanently. If a new tenant wishes to replace an existing tenant, please ensure our office is informed in order to approve the new application. 

Office Hours
Our Property Management Department is open between Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm and by appointment on Saturdays. Should you wish to see your property manager, please contact our office to make an appointment time that is suitable for both parties.

Paying Rent 
Direct Debit is the preferred method of rental payments. Please refer to our Paying Your Rent page.

Contents Insurance
We advise all tenants to insure their own contents as they are not covered under the Lessor’s policies.

Repairs & Maintenance
All repairs / damages should be reported to our office immediately. Provide as much information as possible of the repairs needed as well as access authorisation for the repairs to be done. If this occurs on the weekend, please phone our office and speak to our support staff or refer to your lease agreement.

After Hours Emergencies
Please see our Emergency Repairs page for a detailed description of what is considered and emergency and a list of repairmen to call.

Paintwork on walls  
The tenant agrees that no nails, screws, hooks, blue tack, sticky tape or tacks are to be fixed to the wall without the written permission of the Agent. It is our experience that when these are removed, paint and plaster damage occurs and the tenant will be held responsible.

Unless a pet is specifically approved on your lease, pets will not be allowed at the property without prior approval.

As stated in your Tenancy Agreement, you are responsible for the lawns and gardens unless otherwise stated. This means watering, weeding, trimming and mowing. Seek advice from your property manager before removing any plants or pruning large bushes/trees, and take note of relevant water restrictions. We are happy to recommend a garden maintenance tradesperson if you would like to accept responsibility for costs.

Routine Inspections      
Please refer to our Routine Inspections page. We carry out routine inspections on all our properties every three  months and will advise you in writing prior to the inspection date. The inspections are always a good opportunity to point out any maintenance problems or other concerns you may have

Resigning a New Lease
If your lease is about to expire and you would like to resign for another 6 or 12 months please let the Property Manager know and they will get in contact with the Landlord

Giving Notice
The tenant agrees that when giving notice it must be in writing.  A minimum of  three weeks written notice is required.
Emergency Contact Details

Police, Ambulance, Fire: 000
Picton Police: 4677 8999
Narellan Police: 4632 4499
Bowral Police: 4862 9299
Campbelltown Hospital: 4634 3000
Camden Hospital: 4634 3000
Bowral Hospital: 4861 0200
Picton Medical Centre: 4677 0533
Tahmoor Medical Centre: 4683 0800
State Emergency Service: 13 2500